Sunday, June 12, 2011

7 Stitches in Sub-Saharan Africa

Return of the Peter
Peter, the director of IEFT, returned from the US on Tuesday. He had been there raising money to run Orkeeswa and buying me two bags of sunflower seeds. I'm not sure of the order of importance of those two things. It's good to have him back! He brings a load of energy when he arrives.

Ben Dies A Slow, Painful Death (Or, why 32 does not feel like 22)
Our poor dear friend Ben died yesterday of a nasty rugby overdose. In case you don't know rugby is a sport similar to football but you don't play with any pads. Ben is recovering from his death by eating sushi and swallowing pain killers. He has mentioned many times to us that a 32 year old body does not move the same way it used to. I think Ben needs to find better friends who do not compel him to play rugby. Or, he should avoid it for a long time. We are hoping for a speedy recovery of our friend.

Testing, Testing
We are busy transferring all of our stress of writing tests on to our students who are busy taking them! We will finish our end of term testing on Wednesday. Bummer that I made a 10 pager for form 3. I had visions of frightening them with it and making them have undying fear and respect for me after they took it. Unfortunately, all I got for my efforts was one student saying "Well, that was a little difficult." Cripes! What does it take to get through to these guys!

Goodbye Everyone
It is time to say goodbye to Ben and Quinn. They have been our friends, teaching companions and house mates for many months. They are returning to Australia and America respectively next week. I must say they will really be missed.

Hello Home!
LISA AND I GET TO COME HOME! We are very excited to be heading home for a month to visit family next Sunday. Bring on the Taco Johns baby!

P.S. - no one received stitches as of the making of this blog. Just wanted to catch your attention!

1 comment:

  1. It was great to see you guys this morning at Horizons! I'm so proud of you for listening to God's calling for you.
    I'm posting photos to camerodadams.smugmug.com right now - they should be done in about an hour or 2.

    ReplyDelete